CPI was founded in 1980 by Arthur August, a 25-year veteran of Grumman Corporation.

“The idea was to create a company with the technical expertise of a prime contractor with the flexibility and attention to customer satisfaction of a much smaller organization.”

Art August

1935-2014

Conceived and started as a technical consulting firm, within a few short years, CPI was manufacturing aircraft structural components for US military aircraft under contract to the US Government. By the late 1980’s CPI was also providing structural components for civil aircraft in the commercial.​In the 1990’s, CPI became a publicly traded company listed on the Nasdaq Market and changed its name to CPI Aerostructures, Inc. The company continued to grow, both in size and in its business. Government contracts continued to be CPI Aero’s mainstay of business, but the company was beginning to enter the commercial market as well. Commitment to customer satisfaction and pride in a job well done propelled CPI Aero to the forefront as a reputable and hardworking supplier to OEMs.​By the 2000’s, CPI Aero shares migrated from the Nasdaq Market to the New York Stock Exchange. It also started to focus on diversifying its business model to pursue more commercial contracts. In 2007, the company won three major contracts within a short time and the company experienced great growth and expansion during that time.​Today, CPI Aero continues to engage in traditional high quality structural assembly manufacturing while incorporating the latest in technology to improve quality and streamline production. Our growth and success is rooted in our core company values and the dedication and skill of our employees, and we remain committed to providing our customers the full-service solution they require.

share on:

© Copyright 2016 CPI Aerostructures, Inc.

Website by

91 Heartland Boulevard Edgewood, NY 11717

Phone: 631-586-5200 | Fax: 631-586-5840